You find your baby too good to handle when it is there in your arms, crying now and then. Although they keep you busy at this stage, you will have a stage when your baby starts to crawl and things get messy from that point.
You felt that he/she is only a kid who needs just food and care. They get curious about different things. Now this rings an alarm of security and safety from all forms of potential hazards. It will force you to categorize your sweet home into strategically dangerous areas for the baby.
For instance, the staircases, garages, closets, even keeping your pet away from your kid becomes a challenge. This is where the role of baby gates becomes inevitable. Newmomplus.com understands this difficulty of the new moms and widens its help to identify the best baby gates for you.
These kinds of baby gates would safeguard children under the age group of 6 months. This age group is also the most curious age group of all. Their curiosity levels are high and we need to be extra cautious about their silence.
The unique type of gates is available for different purposes. Child safety gates come as hard-mounted and pressure mounted gates for stairs. Though each one has got its pros and cons. A baby gate offers a lot of support for leaving your kid to explore things with peace of mind for the parent as they can have an eye on the kid, yet the child remains curious in his play area. Newmomplus.com offers suggestions to decide on the best baby gates for stairs with the most active young kid in the house.
While most mounted gates demand drilling the house, most parents who have a rented apartment wouldn’t opt for it. Parents who don’t want to disturb the walls of their houses can feel relaxed as the pressure mounted gates come with no drilling. Let’s discuss the pressure mounted gates for stairs and their merits and demerits.
Pressure mounted gates for stairs
We suggest the pressure mounted baby gates for the age group of 6 to 24 months. Pressure mounted gates are mounted in a place by pressure against a wall. This is easy to fit. It hardly requires any drilling. This mounted gate can be easily fit to a doorframe or a wall. Fitting and dislodging a pressure-mounted gate is easy. Because of this feature, it makes it a little doubtful to depend on pressure mounted gates for stairs.
The pressure mounted gates in the market
There is a wide variety of pressure-mounted gates available in the market. We would brief you about a few of them to show them roughly.
Wooden Pressure mounted gates available in the market make it look great. This mounted gate is a boon to many because we consider it a beautiful combination of wood and metal finish. It appears sturdy and trustworthy concerning the safety of the child.
Walkthrough mounted gates are available, which allows automatic closure of the gate after usage. This gate allows the safety of your kid, but not as great as compared to the normal ones. Even though this gate can snap back to its position ensuring the safety of the child, still it might look tough to manually adjust it as per your needs too.
Pressure mounted gates for stairs also come as retractable gates. Retractable gates come -with mesh barriers. It may be light-weighted but is more durable because of its flexible nature. It is strong and sturdy to take care of the baby’s safety. In these pressure-mounted gates, you find maximum safety for the kid because it doesn’t have heavy metals, and we consider it hassle-free.
How to decide on the best baby gates for stairs?
Having discussed the different pressure mount gates available for stairs, let us move on to know more about the best baby gates for stairs. While deciding on the best baby gates from the online sites, ensure the level of ratings offered by different customers.
As we could always know from the experience of different parents and unique experiences. But there are many points in deciding the best baby gates. Newmomsplus.com commits to guide you in choosing the best baby gate for stairs.
- Never underestimate your curious baby and their curiosity levels. It is important to check the installation tips of the pressure mounted gates even though it may look easier. A clever child or even a clever pet may bypass the non-sturdy mounted gates.
- The baby gate that you choose must be at least 32 inches high as this would be an average height of a 6 months -24 months baby. Your child must not be able to overstep the baby gate, and so neither must not your pet.
- Walk-through pressure-mounted gates are safer and sturdy in comparison with the others. Most walks through gates offer a double lock method to allow that extra safety for your child.
- Look for lightweight mounted gates.
- It would be a blessing if you opt for baby safety gates that don’t use heavy metals and also easy to install. Light-weighted yet durable retractable mounted safety gates for stairs are sturdy and serve the purpose.
- Go for least assembling safety gates, which involve minimal installations and hard tools for assembling it. Such safety gates also occupy less space.
- Look for versatile safety gates which have a double lock facility, occupies less space, involves less installation, fits your budget, and yet is sturdy to handle a smart child.
Finally to conclude, if you are looking for the best safety gate for stairs and if you have a pressure mounted safety gate in your mind, try installing it at the bottom of the stairs and not at the top of the stair. Check the installation with a little extra care. Double-check with your pet and its possibilities of overstepping the safety gate, too. Look for cost-effective yet a versatile safety baby gate for stairs. Safety is your first concern in mind. So choose the best product for your precious busy bees.